Travel Insurance for seniors.
Whenever you travel, it’s important to ensure you have the protection you need if you are faced with an unexpected illness or injury. Travel insurance with comprehensive emergency medical coverage should always be on your checklist when planning your next trip out-of-province or out-of-country. If you have not enrolled in the MROO Annual Travel Insurance Plan¹, consider one of the many other single and multi-trip travel insurance options offered through our MROO Travel Insurance Program.
¹ MROO Annual Travel Insurance is available to retirees and their spouses on an optional basis when they enroll in either a MROO Health Care or Health and Dental Care Plan.
Did you know?
- Accidents and medical emergencies can cost tens of thousands of dollars, and your provincial health plan may only cover a fraction of the cost while travelling outside Canada.
- With MROO, you can choose from a wide range of travel insurance options, through Medi-Select Advantage® Travel Insurance at reasonable rates for you and your spouse.
Flexible Travel Plans
- No age limit
- Multi-Trip Annual Plan - choose from a variety of plan options
- Single Trip Daily Plan – up to 212 days
- 55-79 Vacation Plan – for ages 55 to 79, up to 21 days of consecutive coverage, no medical questionnaire required!
- Canada Plan – excellent rates, no medical questionnaire required
- Customized Medical Underwriting – if not eligible for the regular plan
- Top Ups and extensions available
- Deductible options for age 55 or over to meet your coverage and financial needs
Here is a chart showing some of the benefits included in the plans listed above:
|Coverage to a maximum of $5 million CAD|
|Out-of-Province / Out-of-Country Emergency Medical||Hospital Accommodation and Physician Fees|
|Escort of Children and Grandchildren||Paramedical Services|
|Transportation to Bedside||Private Duty Nursing|
|Return of Insured Travel Companion||Ambulance Services|
|Treatment of Dental Accidents and Emergency Relief of Dental Pain||Prescription Drugs (30-day supply for new prescriptions)|
|Out-of-Pocket Expenses (including meals and accommodation)||Medical Appliances|
|Vehicle Return||Emergency Air Transportation|
|Preparation and Return of Remains|
² Certain limitations and exclusions may apply.
Important Notice About Your Personal Information