Manage the risk that you face as a design professional through good risk management practices. The payoff? These practices lead to top quality project outcomes and enhanced professional relationships.
As experts in professional liability insurance and claims management, we see first-hand the common trends that lead to claims. That’s why we’ve created our ENCON eLearning Centre — to pass along our knowledge on ways to avoid unnecessary risk in your professional practice. It builds on more than 50 years of loss prevention education for design professionals, which includes our annual Risk Management Webcasts/Webinars and a range of loss prevention resources such as Risk Management Advisories.
Access to this online loss prevention resource is limited to ENCON policyholders and the network of brokers who work with us.
Our first interactive online course, “Managing Risk Through Written Contracts,” provides you with a number of practical tips to manage unintended or unexpected risks when developing contracts.
Our second course deals with the risks encountered when using Building Information Modeling (BIM) and designing Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) projects.
Both of our highly interactive eLearning courses include:
- Realistic claims examples
- Mini quizzes and case studies
- The ENCON Challenge – a realistic design and construction project scenario that lets you apply your new knowledge. Your responses determine the liability facing you and your fictional firm.
- These courses are free for the staff members of firms insured with ENCON.
- Staff members who take these courses are eligible for technical continuing education credit(s) with their provincial regulatory body.
- For each completed course, insured firms will receive a premium credit towards their ENCON professional liability premium, which will be processed within 30 days after the renewal date. Please submit your certificate to your broker at the time of renewal in order to obtain the premium credit.
- To access the eLearning Centre, you will need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) as well as your firm’s Customer Number (also called ISN). To obtain your PIN, contact your broker or send an email with your name and firm name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These courses will help you understand the risks that your clients face and the ways that your clients can minimize their liability.
- They will also provide you with educational credits towards your broker licence, as our courses have been accredited by the provincial licensing bodies for insurance brokers across Canada.
- To access the eLearning Centre, you will need a Personal Identification Number (PIN). To obtain your PIN, please contact your ENCON underwriter or send an email with your name and brokerage name to email@example.com.
This five-minute demo simulates a user selecting a few sample screens from our eLearning courses. It showcases the mini quizzes and case studies that make each of our courses such an interactive learning experience.