Summary of Benefits | Get a Quote Online! | Contact Information
Whenever you travel, it’s important to ensure you have the protection you need if you are faced with an unexpected illness or injury. Travel insurance with comprehensive emergency medical coverage should always be on your checklist when planning your next trip out-of-province or out-of-country. If you have not enrolled in the ENCON Annual Travel Insurance Plan, consider one of the many other single and multi-trip travel insurance options offered through our ENCON Travel Insurance Program for seniors.
Note: ENCON Annual Travel Insurance is available to retirees and their spouses on an optional basis when they enroll in either an ENCON Health Care Plan or an ENCON Health and Dental Care Plan.
- Accidents and medical emergencies can cost tens of thousands of dollars, and your provincial health plan may only cover a fraction of the cost.
- Not all insurance is alike. Some plans only offer limited benefits and may not cover everything you will need in a medical emergency. The ENCON Travel Insurance Program offers a wide range of travel insurance options at competitive rates for you and your spouse.
Plans are available for all groups 55 years of age and up. See options below:
- Multi-Trip Annual Plans: 9, 16, 30 or 60 days outside of Canada for seniors aged 55 to 79. Individuals who are 80 years old and over can travel for 9 or 16 consecutive days. This includes unlimited travel within Canada, outside of your province/territory of residence.
- Single Trip Daily Plans: up to 182 days (212 days for Ontario residents) outside your province/territory of residence or Canada.
- Canada Plan: EXCELLENT rates with no medical questionnaire, for trips within Canada (outside your province/territory of residence).
- 55 to 74 Vacation Plan: up to 15 days outside of Canada with no medical questionnaire.
- Medical Underwriting Plan: if you are not eligible for the Standard Plan, you may apply for our medically underwritten plans.
- Top ups and extensions are available
- Deductible options are available
Note: All travel insurance plans are provided by Expert Travel Financial Services Inc. (Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada).
Here is a summary of some of the benefits included in the plans listed above:
- Coverage to a maximum of $5 million CAD
- Hospital Accommodation and Physician Fees
- Paramedical Services
- Private Duty Nursing
- Ambulance Services
- Prescription Drugs (30-day supply for new prescriptions)
- Medical Appliances
- Emergency Air Transportation
- Escort of Children and Grandchildren
- Transportation to Bedside
- Return of Insured Travel Companion
- Treatment of Dental Accidents and Emergency Relief of Dental Pain
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses (including meals and accommodation)
- Vehicle Return
- Preparation and Return of Remains
- Pet Return
- Remote Evacuation
- Automatic Extension of Coverage available
2 Certain limitations and exclusions may apply.
With ENCON’s Travel Insurance Program, you can travel with confidence, knowing you’ll be covered anywhere your path takes you.
View a quotation or purchase your travel insurance online by completing this online application.
If you would prefer to speak with a Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada travel insurance specialist: